Monday, June 17, 2013

A Simple Summer Alternative to a Dress That is Perfect For Tomboys


My daughter hustled me out of 20 bucks last picture day. That’s what it costs to get her to wear a dress.

I want my children to love their clothes. I want them to feel free to express themselves. But from time to time an occasion comes up where jeans and a t shirt just aren't appropriate. 

Bubble Pocket Short Flip
Say hi to our new kitten Tigress!

Dresses and Skirts are out of the question. I just can't afford to bribe her, and I'm unwilling to force her to wear something that she hates. Dress Pants are always nice, but not very interesting, and they can be a little bit to warm for summer.

Shorts are a great alternative. With the right details they can easily fit into any semi formal setting. 

That was my inspiration for the Elegance and Elephants Bubble Pocket Shorts Pattern and my first entry into the June Flip this Pattern Sew Along

The details that took this beautiful pattern to boutique style shorts:

Boutique Details Brightly colored over sized buttons


Boutique Detail Double Ruffle

Another thing I loved about this pattern was the adjustable waist band, one of the most useful features in both ready to wear and hand-made clothes.

Come back tomorrow to see my second flip of the same pattern.


Flip This Pattern

If you have young girls do they love or hate to get dressed up? If not tell me how you feel about dressing up yourself. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...